Good Spirit School Division is primarily a rural school division and a significant number of students are transported on school buses.
- The division transports over 2 300 rural students traveling more than 21 000 km each day.
- City bus transportation is provided for students located in Yorkton & Melville.
- GSSD operates its own transportation service and owns a fleet of 154 buses of various sizes (106 route buses and 45 spare buses).
- There are some boundaries that are coterminous with those of Christ the Teacher Catholic Schools and GSSD transports CTTCS rural students to their schools in the communities of Melville and Yorkton.
- Admin. Procedure 131 - Emergency Closing of Schools
states: "Every reasonable effort is to be made to hold school on the days stipulated in the annual school calendar. When the weather poses a significant safety concern for the welfare of students, bus route service may be cancelled and/or schools may be closed." Public messages in regards to school closures and/or school bus cancellations will be broadcast on local radio stations and, specific to school routes, through the use of the Synrevoice telephone messaging system.