We are so excited to be running a Walking School Bus this year to increase physical activity with our students. Here is some information you will need to know if you would like your child to take the Walking School Bus.
Davison Walking School Bus Map.pdf
- Students who are within close proximity of the school are encouraged to use the walking school bus which starts at 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Teacher supervisors will walk north on Montreal to 5th avenue; west on 5th Avenue to Prince Edward; south on Prince Edward to 3rd Avenue and then east on 3rd Avenue back to Montreal Street and Davison school. Students can join the walking school bus at any point along the way.
- To ensure your child catches the walking school bus, please have them standing at a spot on:
i. 5th Avenue by 8:30 a.m.
ii. Prince Edward by 8:35 a.m.
iii. 3rd Avenue by 8:40 a.m.
4.Students will meet the Walking School bus supervisor outside the Gr 501 & 6 door when city students are dismissed and will walk the same route home at 3:30.
5. The walking school bus will not run if it is -29 degrees or colder or there is heavy rainfall.
6. Students will earn In Motion points for every day they take the Walking School bus.