1. Schools are limited to 5 seats per online course. Any additional seats in the course requires a consultation with the DL Coach
2. Students may enrol in no more than 2 Distributed Learning courses per semester. Special consideration may be given to students in special circumstances, with final approval assigned to the DL coach
3. Enrolment within semesterized courses is limited to 25 seats.
4. Enrolment within Continuous Intake Courses may vary according to workload of the teacher.
1. GSSD Distributed Learning offers two delivery formats for online courses:
Semester Classes - students enrol in the course at the beginning of each semester and follow the timelines set out by the instructor, similar to a face to face course running for a semester.
Continuous Intake Classes - students may enrol in the offered course anytime during the year and determine a pace to meet their needs. A proposed completion timeline will be established by the school and student during the registration process.
2. Distributed Learning Courses are offered to students in "Low Cushion" schools prior to
registration being open to all Good Spirit School Division Schools.
3. Registrations are considered on a first come, first served basis for eligible students in GSSD.
4. The registration period for Semester One Courses will open in June and will continue until the end of the second week in the first semester in the fall. For continuous intake courses, the registration will remain open until the end of March for that academic year. The closing date for registrations in Semester Two courses will be mid-February.
5. Course Offerings and course descriptions are located on the Distributed Learning Site (http://gssd.ca/school/dlc/courseofferings/Pages/default.aspx)
7. Please pay attention to the registration notes on the registration page for information regarding classes that are full. If a class is designated as full, do not enrol students in the course. Please contact the DL Coach to discuss other options.
8. Enrolment of students will be the responsibility of the base school principal and/or career guidance counsellors
9. A verification email will be sent to the school once the student has been registered in the course. Student login information will be provided to the school facilitator designated in the registration form.